NEW YORK, Oct 15, 2015 – Replicor Inc., a privately held biopharmaceutical company targeting a cure for chronic hepatitis B and D patients, disclosed updated mechanistic data on the activity of NAPs in HBV and HBV / HDV co-infection as well as pre-clinical in vivo data demonstrating the efficacy of interferon-free NAP-based combination treatment in HBV infection at the 2015 International Meeting of the Molecular Biology of Hepatitis B Viruses, held on October 4-8, 2015 in Bad Nauheim, Germany.
Five presentations on various aspects of Replicor’s development work were disclosed covering the following topics:
- Updated mechanistic data on the antiviral mechanism of NAPs in HBV.
- Updated mechanistic data on the antiviral mechanism of NAPs in HDV.
- New data demonstrating the absence of immunostimulatory activity in NAP compounds.
- The efficacy of various NAP analogs in the duck model of HBV infection showing modulation of liver accumulation while maintaining antiviral effect.
- Improving the speed of on-treatment antiviral response to REP 2139-Ca with the addition of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate or entecavir in the absence of immunotherapy.
These new data improve Replicor’s understanding of the antiviral mechanisms of NAPs in HBV and HDV and demonstrate important new ways in which the antiviral response to NAP treatment can be improved with interferon-free combination therapy.
Replicor’s presentations made at the 2015 International Meeting of the Molecular Biology of Hepatitis B Viruses are available for download on the company’s website at www.replicor.com/science/conference-presentations. For the International Meeting of the Molecular Biology of Hepatitis B Viruses: http://www.hepb.org/hbvmeeting/index.html.
Replicor is a privately held biopharmaceutical company with the most advanced animal and human clinical data in the development of the cure for HBV and HDV. The company is dedicated to accelerating the development of an effective treatment for patients with HBV and HBV/HDV infection. For further information about Replicor please visit our website at www.replicor.com or follow us on Twitter @replicorinc.